To create a private folder.
This is used to password protect a folder, example www.mydomain.com/foldername/
- First create the folder you wish to protect using the file manager (windows 2008 you will need to use FTP)
- Click on Web sites then click on the website to manage.
- Click on Secured Folders. (click enable secured folders if not already selected)
- Click on add folder and enter the secure folder name and path then click save
- Click on add user, enter username and password then click save
- Go back to Secured folders, click on the new folder you created and under allowed users add the user you just created.
- now when you visit your site /foldername you will be prompted for user/password to enter that folder.