Set up email for Windows Live Mail
- Start Windows Live Mail 2011. If the Add your email accounts page appears when you start Windows Live Mail, go to step 2. If the Add your email accounts page doesn't appear when you first open the program, on the Accounts tab, above New Account, click Email.
- On the Add your email accounts page, do the following:
- In the Email address box, enter the Apexhost email address that or your email mangement created for you (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the Password box, enter the password that you created in our control panel or was provided to you. If you want Windows Live Mail to remember your password, select the check box next to Remember this password.
- In the Display name for your sent messages box, enter the name you want users to see when you send email.
- Click Next.
- On the Configure server settings page, under Incoming server information, do the following:
- On the drop-down menu under Server type, select IMAP or POP. IMAP stores emails on the server side, pop stores emails on your local computer. pop is recomended for single computers accessing emails. imap is recomended for multiple devices connecting to get emails. Note: Imap is provided with a 1000mb mailbox which you will have to manage the mailbox via www.getmymail.com.au (Manage meaning remove old emails to avoid the box getting full)
- Under Server address, enter the POP3 or IMAP4 server name www.getmymail.com.au
- Select Requires a secure connection (SSL).
- Under Log on user name, type your full email address (for example, email@example.com).
- Under Outgoing server information, do the following:
- Under Outgoing server, enter the SMTP server name www.getmymail.com.au
- Select the check box next to Requires a secure connection (SSL).
- Select the check box next to Requires authentication and then click Next.
- On the Your email account was added page, click Finish.
- On the Accounts page, click Close.
Note port numbers
- Issues: Trouble receiving emails from some people (Views: 3111)
- Issues: Outlook keeps sending my attachment (Views: 2781)
- Forms: Sending emails from a form: Mail setting recomendations (Views: 1825)
- Converting to Google Apps Email System (Views: 2081)
- Set up Outlook 2003 (SSL) (Views: 8400)